The student news site of Mounds View High School

Viewer

My Sisters’ Closet

Toni Baraga, staff reporter

The holidays are a time for gift giving, but buying gifts can quickly add up. If students are looking for a cheaper way to buy gifts for family and friends, second-hand consignment shops can be a great option. My Sisters’ Closet offers a wide variety of clothing options at lower prices, making holiday shopping much more affordable.

The quaint wooden building looks more like a house than a store, but inside it’s a whole different world. The entire first floor of the two-story building is jam packed with clothing racks filled with unique and vintage items, ranging from fur coats to antique jewelry. The aged coat racks and mannequin heads decorated with fur caps give the store a retro vibe. Mirrors and old hats cover the walls while plush chairs sit in the corners covered with dresses and skirts.

Because the store can carry expensive designer brands including Chanel and Prada, the prices can range from $10 to upwards of $300. Despite these seemingly high prices, the items are still sold at a fraction of the original cost.

In addition to selling affordable clothing, My Sisters’ Closet allows people to bring in and sell their own clothes as long as they are in good condition.

The two stores in Minnesota are located off of Hennepin Ave. near Uptown Minneapolis and off of Grand Ave. in St. Paul. They are both open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and from 10 a.m to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

For students looking to give gifts, shop with lower prices or even sell their old clothes this holiday season, My Sisters’ Closet is an ideal choice.