51°
Mounds View High School's student news site.

The Viewer

The Viewer

The Viewer

The Viewer

Roseville’s Smash Park smashes expectations

Smash Park
Smash Park’s brand-new location in Roseville, MN.

Roseville welcomed the newly opened Smash Park on Nov. 8, 2023. This venue features various fun activities for all to enjoy, including pickleball, axe throwing, duckpin bowling, karaoke and arcade games. This is the Iowa-based company’s first location in Minnesota.

Staff welcomed my friends and me at the entrance and asked if we needed any help or had any questions. We began our experience at the arcade located next to the entrance. I purchased a $20 game card with 80 credits ($4/credit) that my friend and I shared for games. The card-tap credit payment for the games made playing easy and fast, but since the card was shared, the credits ran out quickly. My favorite part about the arcade was the walk-in photo booth. We got to choose from many different backgrounds and locations, and it was a very fun experience to do with friends and way better than a “regular” sit-down photo booth. 

What really makes this place stand out is the pickleball courts. In order to actually play on the courts, I had to make a reservation. Smash Park’s website made it simple to reserve a court at the desired time. The price for Monday-Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m. was $25 an hour, and after 4 p.m. the price was $40 an hour. I went on a Sunday night and the price for the whole weekend was $40 an hour, but I also had purchased a few add-ons: a pickleball paddle ($5) and a ball ($3).

My favorite part of this experience was definitely the axe throwing. Smash Park offers axe throwing to participants over the age of 14 at the price of $30 an hour per person. The axe-throwing stalls provide a system and sensors for accurate scores, like an arcade game. I created my own profile, and if I were to play in the future, the system would have my information and previous scores and games. The staff was accommodating by offering support and answering any questions, and a friendly staff member showed me how to properly throw the axe to hit the bullseye, making the experience more enjoyable.

After completing the activities, my friends and I made our way over to the food court. We started with an appetizer, and we just had to try the fried pickle balls. They did not disappoint. Smash Park offers five fried pickle balls for $10, including a side of ranch to dip them in. For the price, it was worth it. They also offer many different menu items to choose from with something for everyone, from different burgers, sides, salads, sandwiches, nachos and so much more. When looking through the menu, the Margherita flatbread instantly caught my attention for $11.49. The food came out hot and steamy with a friendly smile from the staff when it was brought to our table. I was very impressed with the amazing flavor of each of the food items. 

Overall, my experience at Smash Park was made great by the fun activities, the super-friendly staff and the amazing food. This is a great place to come with family and friends, and there is something for everyone to enjoy. Even though I didn’t experience everything, I will definitely return. 

Verdict: 4.5/5

About the Contributor
Lauren Vail
Lauren Vail, Staff Reporter
Lauren is a senior staff reporter, and this year is her first year on The Viewer.
$10
$1000