51°
Mounds View High School's student news site.

The Viewer

The Viewer

The Viewer

The Viewer

Girls basketball dominates Patrick Henry HS, wins 79-28

The Mounds View’s Girls Basketball team dominated the court and finished 79-28 defeating Patrick Henry High School Thursday night, contributing to their strong start to the season. 

After a spirited warm-up accompanied by the Mounds View band, the girls smoothly eased into the first half of the game. Despite receiving much pressure from the opposing team, senior Captain Bria Stenstrom started the game off by scoring two points with a quick layup. The rest of the team followed closely with great offense and agility, notably from junior Kate Roeber. 

Additionally, the girls displayed a strong strategy, with junior Jocelyn Setley scoring not once but twice from Stenstrom’s no-look passes.

Overall, the girls showcased collaborative effort with fast, coordinated chest passes and quick switches from defense to offense immediately after gaining control of the ball.

With five minutes remaining in the first half, the scoreboard read 37-12, and by the end of the half, the girls held an impressive advantage of 53-16.

In the second half, the girls again started off with an encouraging three-pointer, further solidifying Mounds View’s hold on the game. Although the scoreboard was indicative of a sure victory, Mounds View maintained focus, providing few easy opportunities for their opponent.

With 10 minutes left, the score was an overwhelming 72-22, and as the game neared its end, junior Hannah Kettelhut finished off the game with an incredible three-point shot in the last three seconds. 

About the Contributors
Lale Baylar
Lale Baylar, Opinions Editor
Hi! My name is Lale, and I'm the Opinions editor and illustrator for the The Viewer 2023-24. I like to draw & paint as well as watch thrillers in my free time. I also enjoy trying new restaurants or baking new recipes at home. I'm in MV's Orchestra, Mustang Mentors and love volunteering at Kinderberry Hills and the Bell Museum. You can reach me by email: [email protected] :)
Gloria Liu
Gloria Liu, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Gloria, and I'm the debates and sports editor for the Viewer! I'm currently a junior. In my free time, I love listening to music, photography and watching horror movies. I love being a part of the Viewer because it's a very unique class compared to other classes and also allows me to improve my writing skills. I love being with my peers and hope to inspire younger students to join the Viewer.
$10
$1000